Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2019

A Day for Hemp

With the prospect of returning to the Philippines where growing even THC-free cannabis is illegal, I decided to play with some of the live hemp seeds I bought at a supermarket here in Kathmandu. Yes, a supermarket. A big grocery store part of a local chain that has branches all over Nepal. Not an independent distributor, not a dealer, not a cannabis shop, not a local fresh market, not even a specialty health food store. Freaking Bhat Bhateni Supermarket.

It's well-known that hemp seeds are a serious super food but I read that sprouting them spikes up their nutritional value to a whole new level. Sort of like sprouting mung beans or chia seeds. So I spread them out on a plate lined with wet kitchen paper, watered them daily and after two weeks of patience and perseverance, here they are on three vegan food items.

I hope one day the people who run our country would come to their senses and stop being paranoid sourpuss control freaks over things they don't understand. It is backed by legitimate scientific research conducted by reputable universities that hemp (a) does not alter one's consciousness and (b) is very rich in fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals. Why people are up in arms over this humble plant is beyond me.

Quinoa salad with hemp sprouts and roasted hemp seed,
dressed with homemade toum (allioli)

Crepe with tomato chutney and hemp sprouts

Crepe with toum (cut) and hemp sprouts

14 comments:

  1. This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. vegan easy party food

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog. Hemp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing... Hemp

    ReplyDelete
  4. I encourage you to read this text it is fun described ... Hemp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beaver says I also have such interest, you can read my profile here: Hemp

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand this column. I realize You put a many of struggle to found this story. I admire your process. Pokerduit

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ought to basically fantastic not to mention solid advice, which means notice: recipe for Jamaican fruit cake

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to recommend exclusively fine plus efficient information and facts, hence notice it: slot online

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use basically superior fabrics : you will discover these products by: check this page

    ReplyDelete
  11. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Can CBD Help With Muscle Receovery?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. CBDfx Gummies

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Cannabis plant contains more than 100 cannabinoids. These mixes intently take after the human endocannaboids. The fundamental cannabinoid in hemp is CBD, and in pot, THC. what is the best cbd vape oil

    ReplyDelete
  14. In various investigations, CBD had the option to lessen the quantity of seizures, and at times it had the option to stop them through and through. when does cbd kick in

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and be awesome!